Sign-up for our Shine Solar Energy Buyback plan and will credit you for 100% of the excess electricity your panels produce. This plan is only for homes which already have solar panels installed.
100% Solar. 0% Hassle.
Chariot Energy and Axia will bring you a best-in-class solution without the high pressure sales tactics.
Rooftop solar has never been more affordable. ERCOT customers like you continue to experience high energy rates.
We make for a rewarding process. Rest assured knowing you’ll remain connected around the clock with battery storage.
How Does Our Solar Energy Buyback Plan Work?
Getting paid for your solar power with Chariot’s Shine Plan is simple:
- Your household utility meter monitors how much electricity you used vs. how much electricity your solar system created.
- If your home produced excess solar energy (which often occurs on sunny days during daylight hours), then that electricity would go into the electric grid to power nearby homes and businesses.
- You’d only pay for your “net” consumption: the electricity you consumed from the grid when your home’s electricity use exceeds the solar panels’ output (which usually happens at night).
- Only when your solar panels’ electricity generation exceeds your gross electricity use would you be monetarily compensated in the form of bill credits on future energy bills and your credits never expire!
Am I Eligible?
- You must have solar panels on your property
- You are in a deregulated area of Texas (you can pick your electric company)
- You have an interconnection agreement with your utility company (CenterPoint Energy, AEP Texas, Oncor Electric Delivery or Texas-New Mexico Power)
- You have a smart meter installed by your utility