Sign-up for our Rise & Shine solar energy buyback plans and we will credit you for the excess KWHs your panels produce. Solar buyback is only for homes which already have solar panels installed or have an agreement in place to have them installed in the next few months.
A Great Fixed-Rate Plan
Enjoy a competitively priced fixed-rate plan for electricity you need from the Chariot on cloudy days and at night.
Sell Your Excess Solar Energy
Sell your excess solar energy back to Chariot Energy. You don’t pay delivery charges on the energy you produce.
100% Solar Powered Home
You’ll remain connected to the grid. When your panels aren’t producing, Chariot will provide you with 100% grid solar.
How Does Our Solar Energy Buyback Plan Work?
Getting paid for your solar power with Chariot’s Rise and Shine plans is simple:
- Your bi-directional utility meter monitors how much electricity you use vs. how much electricity your solar power system generates.
- If your home produces excess solar energy, which often occurs on sunny days during daylight hours, then that electricity goes back to the grid.
- You only pay for the electricity you consume from the grid when your home’s electricity use exceeds the solar panels’ output. This happens at night and usually when it’s cloudy outside.
- Only when your solar panels’ electricity generation exceeds your electricity use, would you be monetarily compensated in the form of bill credits on future energy bills. Your credits never expire as long as you remain a Chariot customer.
- Rise provides customers a buy back rate equal to their contracted rate.
- Shine provides customers a buy back rate equal to the real time market (RTM) settlement rate. *Capped at 25 cents per kilowatt hour.
- Shine is required for customers whose solar panels consistently produce more than 100% of their home’s needs. These customers are known as net exporters.
- Both Rise & Shine are available in 24 & 36 month terms.
- When you switch to Shine, you receive a $150 bill credit*.
- Customers who produce less than, or equal to, 100% of their home’s energy needs can enroll in any Chariot Energy plan!
Am I Eligible?
- You must have solar panels on your property OR have contracted with a company to install solar panels on your property
- You are in a deregulated area of Texas (you can pick your electric company)
- You have an interconnection agreement with one of the following ERCOT utilites – CenterPoint, AEP, Oncor, or TNMP
- You have a bi-directional smart meter installed by your utility
Call 1-855-524-2746, Option 5 ‘Renew Your Plan’ and mention promocode SBBSWITCH to switch today!
*CHARIOT SWITCH 2023 DISCLAIMER
This is a limited time promotion. Limit one bill credit card per account. Valid only for single family home residential customers with solar panels in the Centerpoint, Oncor, TNMP and AEP service areas who are currently enrolled in a non-SBB plan with Chariot Energy at the time of enrollment and who enroll in a select Shine plan between August 31, 2023 to December 31, 2023, 11:59 PM, CT. Not valid in conjunction with other offers or promotions.
Bill credit offer of $150 is only for enrollments on Shine 24 or 36 under promo code SBBSWITCH. Bill credit does not apply toward Rise enrollments. For active Chariot customers requesting a switch to solar buyback, credit will be applied upon switching. Chariot Energy bill credits hold no cash value. Chariot provides no advice or opinion related to, and is not responsible for, any tax liability that the account holder may incur as a result of receipt of the bill credit and Chariot advises the account holder to talk to its tax advisor(s). Chariot Energy reserves the right to change, terminate or extend this promotion at any time.
©2023 174 Power Global Retail Texas, LLC, dba: Chariot Energy. All Rights Reserved. PUCT Certificate No. 10260