Sign-up for our Rise & Shine and Lumen and Radiant solar energy buyback plans and we will credit you for 100% of the excess KWHs your panels produce. This plan is only for homes which already have solar panels installed or have an agreement in place to have them installed in the next few months.
A Great Fixed-Rate Plan
Enjoy a competitively priced fixed-rate plan for electricity you need from the Chariot on cloudy days and at night.
Sell Your Excess Solar Energy
Sell your excess solar energy back to Chariot Energy. You don’t pay delivery charges on the energy you produce.
100% Solar Powered Home
You’ll remain connected to the grid. When your panels aren’t producing, Chariot will provide you with 100% grid solar.
How Does Our Solar Energy Buyback Plan Work?
Getting paid for your solar power with Chariot’s Rise and Shine plans is simple:
- Your bi-directional utility meter monitors how much electricity you use vs. how much electricity your solar power system generates.
- If your home produces excess solar energy, which often occurs on sunny days during daylight hours, then that electricity goes back to the grid.
- You only pay for the electricity you consume from the grid when your home’s electricity use exceeds the solar panels’ output. This happens at night and usually when it’s cloudy outside.
- Only when your solar panels’ electricity generation exceeds your electricity use, would you be monetarily compensated in the form of bill credits on future energy bills. Your credits never expire as long as you remain a Chariot customer.
- Rise & Lumen plans provide customers a buy back rate equal to their contracted rate.
- Shine & Radiant plans provide customers a buy back rate equal to the real time market (RTM) settlement rate. *Capped at 25 cents per kilowatt hour.
- Shine & Radiant plans are required for customers whose solar panels consistently produce more than 100% of their home’s needs. These customers are known as net exporters.
- Customers who produce less than, or equal to, 100% of their home’s energy needs can enroll in any Chariot Energy plan!
Am I Eligible?
- You must have solar panels on your property OR have contracted with a company to install solar panels on your property
- You are in a deregulated area of Texas (you can pick your electric company)
- You have an interconnection agreement with one of the following ERCOT utilites – CenterPoint, AEP, Oncor, or TNMP
- You have a bi-directional smart meter installed by your utility