Sign-up for our Rise Solar Energy Buyback plan and will credit you for 100% of the excess electricity your panels produce. This plan is only for homes which already have solar panels installed.
Offer a Great Fixed-Rate Plan
Provide you an affordable fixed-rate plan for any electricity not produced by your solar panels
Buy Your Excess Solar Energy
Purchase your excess solar energy at a dollar-for-dollar, watt-for-watt energy rate. (Delivery charges not included)
100% Solar Powered Home
Supplement 100% of the electricity you need with 100% solar energy produced by Chariot and our affiliates
How Does Our Solar Energy Buyback Plan Work?
Getting paid for your solar power with Chariot’s Rise Plan is simple:
- Your household utility meter monitors how much electricity you used vs. how much electricity your solar system created.
- If your home produced excess solar energy (which often occurs on sunny days during daylight hours), then that electricity would go into the electric grid to power nearby homes and businesses.
- You’d only pay for your “net” consumption: the electricity you consumed from the grid when your home’s electricity use exceeds the solar panels’ output (which usually happens at night).
- Only when your solar panels’ electricity generation exceeds your gross electricity use would you be monetarily compensated in the form of bill credits on future energy bills and your credits never expire!
Am I Eligible?
- You must have solar panels on your property
- You are in a deregulated area of Texas (you can pick your electric company)
- You have an interconnection agreement with your utility company (CenterPoint Energy, AEP Texas, Oncor Electric Delivery or Texas-New Mexico Power)
- You have a smart meter installed by your utility