When you sign up for a Rise Solar Energy Buyback plan, Chariot will credit you for 100% of the excess electricity your panels produce. We’ll also:
Offer a Great Fixed-Rate Plan
Provide you an affordable 12-month fixed-rate plan for any electricity not produced by your solar panels
Buy Your Excess Solar Energy
Purchase your excess solar energy at a dollar-for-dollar, watt-for-watt energy rate. (Delivery charges not included)
Power Your Home with 100% Solar
Supplement 100% of the electricity you need with 100% solar energy produced by Chariot and our affiliates
How Does Our Solar Energy Buyback Plan Work?
Getting paid for your solar power with Chariot’s Rise 12 Buyback Plan is simple:
- Your household utility meter monitors how much electricity you used vs. how much electricity your solar system created.
- If your home produced excess solar energy (which often occurs on sunny days during daylight hours), then that electricity would go into the electric grid to power nearby homes and businesses.
- You’d only pay for your “net” consumption: the electricity you consumed from the grid when your home’s electricity use exceeds the solar panels’ output (which usually happens at night).
- Only when your solar panels’ electricity generation exceeds your gross electricity use would you be monetarily compensated in the form of bill credits on future energy bills and your credits never expire!
How do I know if I’m eligible?
- You are in a deregulated area of Texas (you can pick your electric company)
- You have an interconnection agreement with your utility company (CenterPoint Energy, AEP Texas, Oncor Electric Delivery or Texas-New Mexico Power)
- You have a smart meter installed by your utility
Interested in Rooftop Solar?
Our parent company is a global leader in solar manufacturing, sales, and installation. For information on how to get started, contact our sales team and we will have someone reach out to you!